Visualisering av F2B-programmet

Allmänna diskussioner.
Användarens profilbild
Niklas_L

Visualisering av F2B-programmet

Inlägg av Niklas_L »

Jag har en svag minnesbild av att stuntflygaren Kieth Renacle (Sydafrika) skapade ett datorprogram för ett antal år sedan som kunde visualisera hur ett perfekt utfört F2B-program ser ut. Som jag minns det kunde man i programmet välja om man skulle betrakta flygningen från pilotens läge eller från utsidan av cirkeln.
Finns någon här på forumet som känner till något om detta och om programmet fortfarande finns tillgängligt?
Bilagor
precisionaerobaticspattern.jpg
precisionaerobaticspattern.jpg (320.56 KiB) Visad 3579 gånger
Användarens profilbild
Streamerhook

Re: Visualisering av F2B-programmet

Inlägg av Streamerhook »

Jag kan fråga Keith då jag har kontakt med honom nu. Han ska bidra med en artikel i nästa Lina.
Användarens profilbild
göran-olsson
Kontakt:

Inlägg av göran-olsson »

Jag har hans grafikprogram från 2004 med tillhörande manual. Intresserade kan höra av sig till mig, så mailar jag.
Användarens profilbild
Streamerhook

Inlägg av Streamerhook »

Jag har varit i kontakt med Keith nu och han säger att hans gamla program är inaktuellt då reglerna ändrat sig. Och att han håller på med en omarbetning. Så det är läge att avvakta lite.......
Guzzten

Inlägg av Guzzten »

göran-olsson skrev: 01 nov 2022, 18:43 Jag har hans grafikprogram från 2004 med tillhörande manual. Intresserade kan höra av sig till mig, så mailar jag.
Jag skulle vilja kolla på det
guzzten@gmail.com

Anders
Användarens profilbild
göran-olsson
Kontakt:

Inlägg av göran-olsson »

Det är ju alltid problem med att maila exe-filer, de brukar ju spottas ut. Men har man en webbsajt så reder man ju sig, så jag lade upp filerna där.
Plus Keiths artikel om fyrklövern:

http://www.go-cl.se/CL sim 1 Dec04.exe

https://go-cl.se/CL Sim manual.doc

https://go-cl.se/4-Leaf Clover - The Full Monty.doc

OBS att filnamnen har mellanslag i sig, men det fattar inte forumprogrammet. Hela raderna måste alltså kopieras och klistras in i browserns URL-fönster.

Man får ignorera den varningsruta som dyker upp när man startar programmet.
Användarens profilbild
Streamerhook

Inlägg av Streamerhook »

Har fått lite mer info från Keith där han berättar om tillkomsten av CL Sim. Om någon är intresserad av hans uppföljare, JTS, kan Ni skicka ett mail till mig.

/Ingemar

Så här skriver Keith:

Problem is, like I said, that the "CL Sim" out of date so it needs an update and I haven’t had the urge to do it all over.

At that time I needed to illustrate how the pattern looks from any point of view, so I thought that if I could make something like a video game where the model flies a pattern 100% to the rules, and the user can move around the scene, then it would help with judges training. I had no experience with doing video animation but I found Blender that was free for all to use. It took some time to learn but eventually I managed.

At the 2004 world champs, I had written to the organizers and asked for help from their experts on how to fly the 4-Leaf clover because it could not be flown according to the written rules. They wrote back......... “fly it to the rules and you will be judges accordingly”. I wrote back with absolute evidence that it cannot be flown that way.

I also stressed that I was not trying to funny or facetious and that I had two of our team that I was coaching and would like to train them properly seeing that we our far from Europe or the USA and can’t attend regular international competitions. They wrote back and in big capital letters, “READ THE RULES and you will be judges accordingly”. I took my CL Sim with me on a CD without the clover because I could not simulate it on a emisphere to the rules. I thought that I would show their “experts” when I get there, but they would not even look at it or give me a pc to use.

Igor overheard me one day having a go at one of these guys so he asked me what I was trying to do. I told him, and he asked me if he could see my program, and he had his laptop with him so I showed it to him. He was impressed, and in his Slovak/English, he said “This is eye-opening”! He also asked me if he could copy the program and put it the internet. I said that the clover was not there, but he was so enthusiastic that he stuck on the net anyway. Then the questions started coming in and the rest as they, is history. I eventually managed to convince a lot of stunt folks about the
necessity to fix the F2B rules so that they are the very least, technically correct. Then with lots of help from Peter Germann we managed to arrange that judging workshop in Serbia in 2007. The rules were eventually changed in 2010 and only a few years ago my proposal to enter the clover vertically from directly downwind was accepted. Things in rule changing move very slowly!

What I actually did however a few years ago was to do a 3-D graphic program called JTS (Judges Training System).

Regards,
Keith
Skriv svar